The benefits of glass packaging are clear: it's sustainable, versatile yet beautiful and healthy. It's pure quality and trusted by consumers and brand owners.
And best of all, consumers love it!
Glass is sustainable because it is 100% and infinitely recyclable, making it the perfect packaging choice for today and a better tomorrow.
- Glass enables a circular economy as it can safely be reused and endlessly recycled.
- Glass is the only packaging material that can be produced by nature alone.
- Glass recycling has created 50 000 income-generating opportunities in South Africa.
- Ardagh glass is made of up to 80% recycled glass.
- Returnable glass containers can be refilled up to 40 times before needing to be recycled.
Glass is packaging from nature as it is made from natural ingredients. It is completely inert, ensuring it preserves its contents perfectly as intended. It is healthy for you and healthy for your family.
- Glass preserves your food, keeping the content as intended.
- Glass is completely natural and contains no harmful chemicals, additives or impurities.
- Glass extends the shelf-life of its contents naturally.
- Glass is a single-layer packaging material and does not need additional layers inside to protect its contents.
Since its discovery 5 000 years ago, the quality, purity and performance of glass have stood the test of time.
- Glass is transparent – you can see inside literally and figuratively.
- Glass acts as a shield to preserve product quality at very high or very low temperatures.
- 91% of Europeans recommend glass as their preferred packaging material.
As a truly aspirational product, glass not only endorses the quality image of its contents, it also adds a sense of style and quality to any occasion.
- Consumers are prepared to pay more for products packaged in glass.
- Glass extends shelf life and retains the product’s integrity, taste and flavour.
- Special quality moments are always celebrated with glass.
- When taste counts, glass wins.
With unlimited applications across multiple categories, sizes, shapes and colours, glass is one of the most versatile packaging options.
- Glass can be shaped, cut and coloured in countless ways.
- Glass can be decorated in many ways, including embossing, debossing, sleeving and labelling.
- Glass can be produced in a resealable option.
- Glass can be creatively upcycled in many different ways.