Ardagh Group S.A. – First Quarter 2018 Results
Ardagh Group S.A. (NYSE: ARD) today announced its financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2018.
Paul Coulson, Chairman and Chief Executive, said “Our first quarter results again highlight the benefit of Ardagh’s scale and diversity across our two substrates and multiple geographies. The Group delivered Adjusted EBITDA growth of 9% to $348 million on a reported basis and 1% at constant currency. A strong performance in both Metal Packaging divisions and in Glass Packaging Europe more than offset a decline in Glass Packaging North America, where we remain focused on the implementation of our profit improvement initiatives.”
- Revenue and Adjusted EBITDA growth of 13% and 9% to $2,224 million and $348 million respectively;
- Constant currency Revenue and Adjusted EBITDA growth of 5% and 1% respectively;
- Group volume/mix growth of 3%, led by Metal Packaging Americas;
- Loss per share $0.06 (2017: loss per share $0.31);
- Adjusted earnings per share growth of 6% to $0.33;
- Quarterly cash dividend of $0.14 per common share, payable on May 31, 2018;
- Adoption of US dollar reporting from January 1, 2018;
- 2018 outlook: Full year guidance remains unchanged. Second quarter Adjusted EBITDA of approximately US$415 million (2017: US$415 million).
1 For a reconciliation to the most comparable GAAP measures, see page 9.
2 Payable on May 31, 2018 to shareholders of record on May 17, 2018.
26 April 2018